Sports Physiotherapy for Football
Perform better and achieve your goals
How can RHP Physiotherapy help you?
Soccer/ football is in the DNA of RHP Physiotherapy. RHP Physiotherapy clinicians have played, coached, watched, ruminated, cheered, dreamt and lived soccer since the dawn of RHP days. If you can relate, why not join our EPL Fantasy Football league!
The skills of the game are unique, requiring body-ball awareness as if the ball is an extension of the foot. It is a leg-heavy sport that favours all kinds of athlete; the sprinter, the agile, the strong and the thinker. Given the nature of the game, football athletes typically suffer foot/ ankle injuries, knee injuries, back injuries and various leg pains that may be a result of a tackle, a bad turn or simply overuse.
RHP Physiotherapists have consulted on the development of national team protocols and have worked within national team setups, national club teams and local clubs.
How can a Physio help?
- Guidance for preventing injury
- Why is this important? Read our blog
- Assess and manage pain or injuries that affect your game
- Provide individual or team screening
- Guide individual athletic development.
RHP Physiotherapists have been and are involved with:
- The Pararoos (Australian Men’s Paralympic Football Team) as Head Physiotherapist
- Young Matildas, Junior Matildas, Young Socceroos camps and tournaments as Head and assistant Physiotherapists
- The Brisbane Roar Women’s and National Youth League team
- The Gap Women’s Soccer Club for 15+ years.
- The University of Queensland Football Club
- Clairvaux Football Club since 2021
Sam has been amazing in treating my unsolved running injuries. Appointments are very thorough and he's highly supportive of my desire to stay active and fit. Highly recommend!
I've been in a few times now to see Mal and highly recommend his service for his clarity, patience and approachability. He is clearly highly skilled, and his great ability to support me towards improvement is the proof!
In just a few visits Mal identified and fixed my back and shoulder pain. My posture is significantly improved and thanks to the exercises Mal gave me I’m confident of staying pain free. Thank you very much!