Physiotherapist, Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist
Chanthalah is an experienced physiotherapist having worked in musculoskeletal therapy for 13 years. She and her husband opened Core Yoga Studios in West End in 2002, and in 2010 began offering physiotherapy to support clients’ full movement potential.
Chanthalah has expertise in dance and sports, biomechanics and posture, movement efficiency, chronic pain, and yoga therapy/meditation and breath-work. She integrates compassionate and holistic approaches to musculoskeletal rehab, specializing in complex/persistent pain conditions.
With training in Explain Pain and a Masters in Physiotherapy Studies, she brings a deep understanding of the neurobiology of pain and perception to her yoga therapy background. She has also been a speaker on therapeutic applications of yoga in physiotherapy for the APA Student Lecture Series (2011-16).
- Support physio for the Australasian Dance Collective (previously Expressions Dance Company)
- Company physio for Dancenorth (Brisbane tours)
- Company physio for Sydney Dance Company (Brisbane/Gold Coast tours)
- Yoga teacher Queensland Ballet Academy
- QUT Dance Physiotherapist (Kelvin Grove)
Treatment modalities and interests:
- Exercise therapy
- Dance and sports-specific strength and conditioning (ASCA)
- Manual therapy
- Explain Pain therapeutic modalities, including Neurodynamics and Graded Motor Imagery (GMI)
- Advanced dry needling upper limb, lower limb, neck and jaw
- Myofascial stretching (ELDOA)
- Myofascial release work (Anatomy Trains)
- Dynamic stabilization of the hip and pelvis (Dr. Alison Grimaldi)
- Knee injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- ELDOA Foundational Exercises Level 1 (Dr. Guy Voyer)
Chanthalah is an active individual with a passion for yoga, meditation, bushwalking, soccer, dance, and adventure. She looks forward to rejoining a dance class in 2023 and is inspired by the challenges and beauty of her recent 25-day winter trek in the Nepali Himalayas. Along with her love for outdoor activities, she is kept entertained by her two playful Aussie Shepherds who love to swim in the pool and keep her on her toes.
Sam has been amazing in treating my unsolved running injuries. Appointments are very thorough and he's highly supportive of my desire to stay active and fit. Highly recommend!
I've been in a few times now to see Mal and highly recommend his service for his clarity, patience and approachability. He is clearly highly skilled, and his great ability to support me towards improvement is the proof!
In just a few visits Mal identified and fixed my back and shoulder pain. My posture is significantly improved and thanks to the exercises Mal gave me I’m confident of staying pain free. Thank you very much!