Some helpful tips for your first appointment.
What do I wear?
- For spine, hip or lower limb: please bring comfortable shorts and usual footwear (runners, boots or day-shoes).
- For Upper spine, neck, shoulders and upper limbs: please bring shorts and a singlet.
- Change rooms are available.
What do I bring?
- Relevant medical records:
- Referral details if relevant (DVA/ Workcover/ EPC/ GP/ Surgical referrals)
- Imaging results
- List of medications
- Medicare/ Private Health Insurance card – for processing on the day.
- Be aware, no referral is required.
How do I get there?
Where do I park?
Onsite parking available at both clinics:
Proceed down the driveway for the AMA complex. We are located within the last building, with dedicated parking to your right along the timber fence.
Enter the parking lot via Mains Road (either outbound or inbound). Dedicated RHP parking is located along the fence that faces Mains Road. You will pass a pedestrian crossing in the “Park ‘n’ Ride” that is closest to the Nissan Arena. You may also park anywhere in the multi-story car park.
* Note that both locations offer elevator access. Please contact us for assistance finding the elevator if you believe it will be required.
How long is the appointment?
Initial assessments are scheduled for 60 minutes.
Follow up appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes.
What should I expect?
During your initial assessment, we aim to conduct a thorough analysis of your movement and postures that relate to your pain, often including your walking pattern. We will aim to identify all contributing factors, provide hands on-treatment, discuss your short and long-term management options and develop a treatment plan with you. We take this time to best understand who you are and what you are striving to achieve.
Follow-up appointments will often involve further progressing that treatment plan and enacting the most appropriate elements of that plan which may include home exercises, movement practice or hands-on treatment.
If we haven’t answered all of your questions, please take a moment to get in touch.
We look forward to helping you!