Stay In The Game
The Round Ball
Soccer is in the DNA of RHP Physiotherapy. RHP Physiotherapy clinicians have played, coached, watched, ruminated, cheered, dreamt and lived soccer forever. Football is both a personal and a professional interest for our team. Our passion, experience and expertise makes RHP the logical choice for footballing injury and performance needs.
RHP Physiotherapists have been and are involved with:
- The Pararoos (Australian Men’s Paralympic Football Team) – RHP physiotherapist Sam Donaldson was Head Physiotherapist for the team
- Young Matildas, Junior Matildas, Young socceroos camps and tournaments.
- The Brisbane Roar Women’s and National Youth League team
- The Gap Women’s Soccer Club – RHP has had a proud association with the Gap Women’s Premier League, Brisbane’s most successful Women’s soccer club.
- The University of Queensland Football Club – involvement with injury prevention strategies
- The Brisbane Knights FC – coverage for 2016 season
How can RHP Physiotherapy help you with Football?
Our physiotherapists are experienced at assessing, diagnosing and treating football injuries. There are many facets to football regarding an athlete’s physical body and performance that are often not considered. It is important to address movement control, errors in training load or volume, skill technique and individual playing style to help your return to the game.
We offer injury prevention and physical performance screenings. These include:
- Range of motion
- Specific muscle strength
- Global movement pattern
- Performance measures
- You recieve an understanding of areas for improvement and a plan.
Whether you are an injured soccer player, a player wishing to enhance performance or prevent injury, or a coach who wants injury prevention strategies and physiotherapy support for your team, RHP can provide the best possible care.
Other Football Codes
We have provided physiotherapy support for The Western Magpies AFL club (Mal Fayers) at Sherwood and The QAFL state team for many years in the past. This involved involvement at training throughout the season, match-day coverage, recovery sessions, and management of injury to performance.
We have also provided physiotherapy coverage to Marist College Ashgrove First XV Rugby and First XI football teams. Currently, Mal Fayers is providing support to Stretton State College rugby team.
Football codes involve the whole body and multiple dynamic movement skills. Common AFL & rugby injuries include:
- Hamstring tears
- Shoulder injuries
- Groin injuries
- Quadriceps strains
- Ankle sprains
- Finger injuries
- General bumps and bruises
The RHP Physiotherapy team is highly skilled in the management of the whole body, as well as injury prevention and rehabilitation strategies to ensure that you can complete the season in the best shape possible.
Call now to make a booking
Kelvin Grove: 07 3856 5566 – Nathan: 07 3184 6844